Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Enduring The Holidays After the Death of a Child


          There are so many things that one can experience during the holidays after the death of a child. As many of my followers know from past blog posts, my 8 year old son Tyler past away February 12th of this year. Although, the holiday season has barely began to be in full swing, the emotions are in full force. Swinging emotions are a major issue. There are many triggers such as Halloween costumes everywhere and candy on display. Seeing these things are more depressing knowing that my child would love to partake in the activities that other children are. As I have mentioned before in previous blogs the sound of music helps to draw me out of my funk. However, it is becoming harder and harder to remain in control.  There are many things that work very well for me. As these tactics may help you as well. This includes but is not limited to:
1. Keeping a structured routine
2. Maintaining adequate sleep
3. Stay positive (even if it's difficult)
4. Join in on the fun!

I'm a deviled egg! 

          Now that Halloween is over I find that there are many other obstacles to endure. My son being the happy child that he was would not like to see mommy sad. I have found that writing about my thoughts helps very much. My son being the giving and loving child that he was would want to know that the monies that would have been spent on him would go to a child in need. I feel that if this reaches anyone that many can realize that the season is not about gifts or presents and I feel more compelled to help others more now than I ever have. I cannot compete with the gift of life my son gave through organ donation however, There are many organizations that are in dire need of things to help children and families in need. Please feel free to help someone this holiday by checking with local charities to see how you can help.






 

There comes a time when even though one remains positive and everything is going a little smoother something happens to bring one to their knees. When this happens one must try to remain on the better end of the spectrum. Turning to someone for support helps one with this.

2 comments: